Life insurance offers tremendous benefits and is one of the most effective way to provide financial security your family and loved ones in the event of your demise.
And while getting a life insurance policy…
May be a brilliant financial move for many, it may interest you to know that you could be denied from being able to purchase a life insurance policy if you have a certain preexisting medical condition.
Which is why…
It’s important for you as a consumer to be sure that if you’ve been diagnosed with a pre-existing condition like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) that not only is your life insurance familiar with your condition, you’re also going to want to make sure that he/she has many different life insurance companies to choose from. This way, you’ll have a much better chance at finding the best life insurance policy that you can qualify for.
About Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a cerebral disorder that causes the sufferer to compulsively engage in a lot of activities with difficulties paying attention and difficulties controlling behavior. While ADHD is a commonly diagnosed in children and adolescents, the condition could persist in some cases till adulthood.
Essentially, an individual suffering from ADHD will experience difficult controlling their impulses and would experience difficulty concentrating and/or recollectin information and events.
In adults, symptoms typically encompass:
- general anxiety,
- mood swings,
- and difficulties concentrating.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Life insurance.
As a general rule of thumb, what you’re generally going to find is that those who have been diagnosed with ADHD should still “theoretically” be eligible for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy.
The trick will be…
To first determine how “severe” your condition is, and second, try to determine which life insurance company is going to provide you with the best opportunity for success. To accomplish this task, we’ll generally ask you a few questions about your condition so that we can get a better idea of how well you are managing your ADHD.
Common questions we’ll likely ask will include:
- When where you first diagnosed with ADHD?
- Where you diagnosed by a general practitioner or a psychiatrist?
- How are you currently treating your ADHD?
- What kind of drugs and curative approaches are you implementing to treat the ADD or ADHD?
- Have you ever been hospitalized due to your ADHD?
- Have you ever contemplated or attempted suicide?
- Have you abused alcohol, cigarettes or other kinds of illicit drugs?
- Do you work presently?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
Now we do not want to…
Get into all of the intricacies of having/treating ADHD after all, we’re not doctors, we’re just a bunch of life insurance agents. That being said however, we do have considerable experience helping those with ADHD qualify for traditional term and whole life insurance policies.
This is why…
We never like to make any promises about what “type” of life insurance policy you may be eligible for or what “price” you might be expected to pay. However, we will promise you that we’ll do our absolute best to help you find the best life insurance policy that you can qualify for.
Because you see…
Here at InsuranceBrokersUSA, not only do we understand what insurance underwriters are going to want to know about your ADHD prior to approving your life insurance application, we also know about what other factors their going to consider as well. Factors such as…
- What is your age?
- What is your present height and weight?
- Were you ever diagnosed with any conditions or disorders apart from ADD or ADHD?
- Do you have any close relatives who have been diagnosed with with cancer, heart conditions, stroke or diabetes?
- Do you use any prescription drug apart from drugs required for the management of ADD or ADHD?
- Have you smoked tobacco or used any form of nicotine in the last one year?
- Have you used any form of marijuana in the last one year?
- Are you currently have any issues with driver’s license owing to repeated moving infringements or DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Are you making preparations to go on a trip to other countries in the next two years? If you intend to travel to countries like Iran, North Korea, Haiti, and so on, insurance companies would be worried about that
- Have you engaged in any hazardous leisure pursuit in the last 24 months or are your making preparations to be involved in any hazardous leisure pursuits like bungee jumping, gliding, sky diving and so on.
As you can see, insurance companies are certainly going to be interested in the fact that you’ve been diagnosed with ADHD, but they’re also going to be interested in a whole host of other factors that could potentially affect the outcome of your life insurance application. In fact, some of these “other factors” could play a much more significant role in the outcome of your life insurance application than your ADHD ever will.
This is why…
It’s so important to choose an insurance brokerage like InsuranceBrokersUSA who not only have the experience to help you find a great life insurance policy, we also have the relationships with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies insuring that you should have plenty of options to choose from before you decide which insurance policy is the best for you!
So, what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!