Life Insurance with Labyrinthitis (Recovered).
In this article, we wanted to take a moment and try and answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after being diagnosed with Labyrinthitis.
Questions that will be addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance if I have been diagnosed with Labyrinthitis?
- Why do life insurance companies care if I have been diagnosed with Labyrinthitis?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’s dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance if I have been diagnosed with Labyrinthitis?
Yes, individuals who have been diagnosed with Labyrinthitis can and often will be able to qualify for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. In fact, many may even be able to qualify for a Preferred Plus rate!
The problem is…
That while it is true that most life insurance companies aren’t going to be all that worried about the fact that someone has been previously diagnosed with Labyrinthitis, they may become concerned about “why” an individual has been diagnosed with Labyrinthitis. This is especially true if someone has been diagnosed with Labyrinthitis on multiple occasions.
Why do life insurance companies care if I have been diagnosed with Labyrinthitis?
As we just stated most life insurance companies aren’t going to be all that worried about the fact that someone has been diagnosed with Labyrinthitis provided that their infection has healed and they have made a full recovery. Instead, what may cause a life insurance underwriter to become a “bit” nervous is when someone seems to have “contracted” their Labyrinthitis as a result of some type of pre-existing medical condition or “lifestyle” choice which may make them more susceptible towards this type of infection.
For this reason…
We wanted to take a moment and just briefly describe what Labyrinthitis is as well as highlight some of the most common symptoms and well as mention what some of the most common reasons why someone might develop Labyrinthitis.
Labyrinthitis is an inner ear disorder whereby one or both of the vestibular nerves located in one’s inner ear becomes inflamed.
Common symptoms may include:
- Nausea and/or vomiting,
- Vision problems,
Serious complications may include:
- Permanent hearing loss,
- Development of SARS or Sever acute respiratory syndrome,
- Increased risk of suffering from other infections involving one’s ears, nose or throat.
Labyrinthitis is a condition that can usually be treated quite effectively with the use of a variety of medications including:
- Anti-nausea medications,
- As well as corticosteroids.
Which is why…
The biggest concern for most life insurance companies will be “why” an individual has been diagnosed with Labyrinthitis. This is because some of the most common reasons “why” someone might develop Labyrinthitis can be pretty serious.
Common reasons why someone might develop Labyrinthitis may include:
- Head trauma,
- Viral infections,
- Upper respiratory infections,
- Autoimmune disorders,
- Heavy alcohol use,
What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
Common questions you’ll likely be asked may include:
- When was the first time you were diagnosed with Labyrinthitis?
- Who diagnosed your Labyrinthitis? A general practitioner? A specialist? Yourself?
- How many times have you developed Labyrinthitis?
- Have you been diagnosed with any other pre-existing medical conditions?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medications?
- In the past 2 years have you been hospitalized for any reason?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record? Issues such as multiple moving violations, a DUI or a suspended license?
- In the past 12 months, have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Do you have a history or drug or alcohol abuse?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
Now as you can see from the questions above, most life insurance companies aren’t going to spend a ton of time worrying about the fact that you have been diagnosed with Labyrinthitis, instead, they are going to spend the majority of the time trying to rule out the possibility that you might suffer from some kind of “serious” pre-existing medical condition which may have caused you to develop Labyrinthitis.
This is why…
Not knowing “why” you developed Labyrinthitis is pretty much going to make it impossible to know for sure what kind of “rate” you might be able to qualify for. That said however, what you’re generally going to find is that if your Labyrinthitis was caused by a “benign” condition most life insurance companies aren’t going to consider your Labyrinthitis diagnosis a factor in determining what kind of rate you’ll be able to qualify for.
As for the rest…
Who may have developed their Labyrinthitis as a complication of some more “serious” pre-existing medical condition, what you’re likely going to find is that this “other” underlying medical condition will most likely be what determines what kind of “rate” you will be able to qualify for. In cases like these, we would recommend that you check out our Pre-Existing Medical Conditions page and see if we may have an article focusing specifically on what is causing you to suffer from Labyrinthitis.
The good news is…
That regardless of your situation, we here at IBUSA can help because we have tons of experience helping folks with all sorts of pre-existing medical conditions like yours and are committed to helping all of our clients find the “best” life insurance policy that they can qualify for. Which brings us to the last topic that we wanted to take a moment and discuss which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
In our experience here at IBUSA, what we have found that usually the folks who seem to find the “best” life insurance policy for them are those that:
- Take their time reviewing their options.
- Ask a lot of questions.
And seek out those life insurance agents who not only have experience working with individuals who have been diagnosed with a wide variety of pre-existing medical conditions, but also have access to dozens of different life insurance companies so that when it comes time to helping a more “challenging” case, they don’t have to rely on a…
“One size fits all approach!”
The good news is that this is exactly what you’re going to find here at IBUSA so, if you ready to find out what we can do for you, just give us a call and let give us a chance to show you what we can do for you!