Life Insurance for Oxybutynin users.
In this article, we wanted to take a moment and try and answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after they have been prescribed Ditropan or its generic form Oxybutynin to help on treat their overactive bladder.
Questions that will be directly addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Ditropan?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’ dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Ditropan?
Yes, individuals who have been prescribed Ditropan in the past or who are currently taking Ditropan right now can and often will be able to qualify for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. In fact, they may even be able to qualify for a Preferred Plus rate which is why, we here at IBUSA will often encourage clients who aren’t taking any other prescription medications other than Ditropan to first consider applying for a simplified issue life insurance policy so that they can avoid having to take a medical exam prior to getting approved for coverage.
Our rationale for this is…
Two fold because by applying for a simplified issue life insurance policy, not only will you typically become fully insured within 24 to 48 hours vs having to wait several weeks for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy, it also potentially eliminates being “diagnosed” with some other kind of pre-existing medical condition such as:
Or diabetes during the actual medical exam that would be required were to you apply for a traditional life insurance policy.
Before you say…
“I have no problem taking a medical exam, I’m in perfect health!”
We would just ask you, when was the last time you actually had a full physical? Because we here at IBUSA can tell you first hand that it is amazing how often folks learn for the first time that they actually do have high blood pressure or high cholesterol during a life insurance application, which is very unfortunate because now the price that they are going to have to pay in order to become insured is going to reflect this discovery made during the application process.
That could have been avoided had they simply chosen to apply for a life insurance policy that didn’t require one to have to take a medical exam to be insured.
Don’t think for a second that the insurance companies aren’t going to know a lot about you without actually requiring an individual take a medical exam. You see, even if you’re applying for a simplified issue life insurance policy that won’t require a medical exam, there are lots of ways a life insurance company can determine if you’re going to be an acceptable risk or not.
Things such as:
- Ordering a prescription medication database check,
- Reviewing your driving record,
- Possibly running a credit check,
- Ordering a criminal background check,
And asking a whole bunch of questions on the actual application itself!
What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
Common questions you’ll likely be asked regardless of what “kind” of life insurance policy you apply for (traditional vs simplified) will typically look something like the following:
- How old are you?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever suffered from a heart attack or stroke?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer or diabetes?
- Have any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother or sister) ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Aside from Ditropan, what other prescription medications are you taking (if any)?
- Do you have any issue with your driver’s license?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States within the next year?
- In the past 12 months, have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you currently participate or plan on participating in any dangerous activities or hobbies such as skydiving, hang gliding or rock climbing?
- In the past 2 years, have you declared bankruptcy?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
What you’re generally going to find is that whatever “rate” you would have been able to qualify for PRIOR to having been prescribed Ditropan will be the same “rate” that you ought to be able to qualify for AFTER having been prescribed Ditropan because for the most part, medications like Detropan which don’t really treat any kind of serious/life-threatening medical conditions will often be ignored during the underwriting process.
Which segues very nicely into our next topic which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
Because life insurance companies tend to use a lot of “random” factors in determining who the will and won’t insure, and at what price, we here at IBUSA have found that the “best” way for us to be able to ensure that our clients are able to find the “best” life insurance policy that they can qualify for is to be sure to know our STUFF and offer a TON of options.
By only employing true life insurance professionals who have tons of experience helping folks with all sorts of pre-existing medical conditions and then providing them with tons of options to offer their clients, we here at IBUSA truly do offer a one stop shop for folks looking to protect their family.
Which is why…
Our advice to anyone looking to purchase a life insurance policy is to be sure that the insurance agent that they choose to work with is truly an expert and that he or she has dozens of options for you to consider, because even if they are the greatest life insurance agent in the world, if they don’t have access to the “best” life insurance policy for you what good is that going to do you?
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today and let us earn the right to protect your family today!