Life Insurance for Cozaar users.
In this article, we wanted to take a moment and try and answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after they have been prescribed Cozaar or its generic form Losartan to help treat a variety of different pre-existing medical conditions including:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure),
- Kidney disease (directly related to those suffering from diabetes),
As well as potentially reduce the risk of stroke in patients suffering from high blood pressure combined with an enlarged heart.
Questions that will be directly addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Cozaar?
- Why do life insurance companies care if I’ve been prescribed Cozaar?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’ dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Cozaar?
Yes, individuals who have been prescribed Cozaar in the past or who are currently taking Cozaar now can and often will be able to qualify for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. Heck, they may even be able to qualify for a Preferred rating when there aren’t any additional complications or underlying medical conditions such as heart or kidney disease. And there lies the problem and also the question to why life insurance companies “care” if you’ve been prescribed Cozaar in the past.
Why do life insurance companies care if I’ve been prescribed Cozaar?
Life insurance companies “care” if an individual has been prescribed Cozaar before because knowing this fact will provide them with a “guide” as to what additional questions they will want to ask about prior to making a decision about your life insurance application.
If Cozaar was only used to help folks lower their blood pressure levels, all one would really need to know is if it is working. But because Cozaar can be used to help treat a variety of different pre-existing medical conditions, knowing whether that is the reason “why” you’ve been prescribed Cozaar is going to be very important to know as well as how serious that pre-existing medical condition is.
What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
Common questions you’ll likely be asked about your Cozaar prescription will likely include the following:
- When were you first prescribed Cozaar?
- Who prescribed you Cozaar? A general practitioner or a specialist?
- Why were you prescribed Cozaar?
- Have you ever suffered from a heart attack, stroke or been diagnosed with diabetes?
- Do you suffer from kidney disease?
- Are you taking any additional prescription medications?
- In the past 12 months, have any of your prescription medications changed in any way?
- How well is your Cozaar prescription working to help manage your underlying pe-existing medical condition?
- What is your current height and weight?
- In the past 12 months, have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
Now if you notice above, these questions are generally designed to determine “which” applicants are using their Cozaar to simply lower their blood pressure levels vs those who are also using their Cozaar to lower their blood pressure in conjunction with treating some other “kind” of pre-existing medical condition.
And by doing so…
We’re able to make some “predictions” about what kind of “rate” that you may be able to qualify for. You see, if you’re simply using your Cozaar to help you obtain a healthy blood pressure level absent any major health concern, in theory you ought to be able to qualify for a Preferred rate.
That said however…
If you using your Cozaar to help you maintain a health blood pressure level in addition to helping you treat or improve an additional underlying per-existing medical condition such as:
- An enlarged heart,
Or to potentially increase one’s survival rate after having suffered from a previous heart attack or stroke, it will be these conditions which primarily drive the outcome of your life insurance application which is why we would advise you to check out our articles on each of these specific topics themselves so that you can get a more “in depth” discussion than we can afford here on this article which is primarily focusing on Cozaar by itself.
Which bring us to the last topic that we wanted to discuss here in this article which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
In our experience here at IBUSA, what we have found that works best for folks who have been diagnosed with a pre-existing medical condition where the “severity” of the condition is often “subjective” is for the applicant to make sure that they first find a true-life insurance profession who will work as an advocate for you.
Such an agent…
Will not only help guide you through the application process but also be perfectly “frank” with you about what options may or may not be possible for you.
You’ll also want to make sure that the very same agent you have chosen has access to dozens of different life insurance companies because after all, it really doesn’t matter how “great” of a life insurance agent you might have if they don’t have access to the “best” life insurance policy for you! Now does it?
You’ll want to make sure that you’re completely honest with your life insurance agent prior to applying for coverage. By doing so, you will be helping him or her narrow down what options might be the “best”
So, what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!