Life Insurance for Trilyte users.
In this article, we wanted to take a moment and try and answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after they have been prescribed Trilyte which is a laxative solution that is generally used to help prepare one’s bowel before a colonoscopy, a barium x-ray or some other kind of “intestinal” procedure.
Questions that will be directly addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Trilyte?
- Why do life insurance companies care if I’ve been prescribed Trilyte?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’ dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Trilyte?
Yes, individuals who have been prescribed Trilyte can and often will be able to qualify for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. In fact, they may even be able to qualify for a preferred rate!
Why do life insurance companies care if I’ve been prescribed Trilyte?
The only reason why a life insurance policy would necessarily be worried or alarmed about the fact that someone has been prescribed Trilyte is when during the life insurance application, an applicant hasn’t eluded to any kind of medical procedure that might have warranted this medication.
Trilyte isn’t a medication that one would be likely to abuse, and it’s not something that one would consider dangerous to use. It’s just a medication that might peak a life insurance underwriter’s interest if you haven’t divulged any kind of “gastrointestinal” issues or your younger than when a typically routine colonoscopy would be expected.
Which is why…
In cases like these, it might not be all that unusual for a life insurance underwriter to ask you a few questions prior to your approval so that they can fully understand “why” you have been prescribed Trilyte in the past particularly if you were prescribed Trilyte recently.
What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
Common questions you might be asked about your Trilyte prescription may include:
- Have you recently had a colonoscopy or barium x-ray performed?
- If so, why was it performed? Was it a routine examination or was it ordered due to some type of “symptom” that you are suffering from?
- Who prescribed your Trilyte prescription? A general practitioner or a specialist?
- Have you been diagnosed with any kind of gastrointestinal medical condition?
- Are you taking any other prescription medications?
- Do you have any follow up procedures or surgical procedures planed or has a doctor recommended or suggest that you may need any within the next 6 months?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
As a general rule of thumb, what we here at IBUSA have found is that provided that you haven’t been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical conditions which still exist today and you’re not expecting to need any future treatments or surgical procedures in the near future having been prescribe Trilyte in the past should not have any affect on the outcome of your life insurance application.
Or to put it another way…
The “rate” that you would have been able to qualify for BEFORE you were prescribed Trilyte should be the same “rate” that you would be able to qualify for AFTER you’ve been prescribed Trilyte. Which brings us to the last topic that we wanted to discuss here in this article which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
Because life insurance companies tend to use a lot of “random” factors in determining who the will and won’t insure, and at what price, we here at IBUSA have found that the “best” way for us to be able to ensure that our clients are able to find the “best” life insurance policy that they can qualify for is to be sure to know our STUFF and offer a TON of options.
By only employing true life insurance professionals who have tons of experience helping folks with all sorts of pre-existing medical conditions and then providing them with tons of options to offer their clients, we here at IBUSA truly do offer a one stop shop for folks looking to protect their family.
Which is why…
Our advice to anyone looking to purchase a life insurance policy is to be sure that the insurance agent that they choose to work with is truly an expert and that he or she has dozens of options for you to consider, because even if they are the greatest life insurance agent in the world, if they don’t have access to the “best” life insurance policy for you what good is that going to do you?
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today and let us earn the right to protect your family today!