Life Insurance for Travapost users.
In this article, we wanted to take a moment and try and answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after they have been prescribed Travatan Z or its generic form Travapost to glaucoma and/or hypertension within the eye.
Questions that will be directly addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Travatan Z?
- Why do life insurance companies care if I’ve been prescribed Travatan Z?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’ dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Travatan Z?
Yes, individuals who have been prescribed Travatan Z can and often will be able to qualify for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. In fact, they may even be able to qualify for a Preferred Plus!
Why do life insurance companies care if I’ve been prescribed Travatan Z?
Travatan Z is a medication that will be noticed by a life insurance underwriter, but will most likely not cause him or her to ask you any direct questions about its use because most of the information that they will want to gather about it can be readily accessible elsewhere.
Mainly through a prescription database check which will tell them when it was first prescribed, who prescribed it and how frequently you need to take it. This is why, during a life insurance application rather than be asked questions directly about your Travatan Z prescription you’ll more likely just be asked about the condition which it is being used to treat mainly your Glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
With regards to one’s glaucoma or ocular hypertension, all that the insurance companies are really going to want to know about is:
The applicant treating their condition properly which your Travatan Z prescription suggests.
Prior to beginning your treatment, did the applicant suffer from any vision loss.
Which means that…
If you are currently treating your glaucoma properly and you haven’t suffered any significant vision loss prior to being your treatment, chances are the fact that you have been diagnosed with glaucoma or ocular hypertension isn’t going to play a role in the outcome of your life insurance application.
This is why…
In cases like these in addition to considering a traditional term or whole life insurance policy which will require one to take a medical exam, we also like to review any simplified issue life insurance policy options as well which won’t require an individual to have to take a medical exam. And the nice thing is that regardless of which life insurance policy option your most interested in, the questions you’ll likely be asked will pretty much be the same and look something like this:
- What is your gender?
- What is your date of birth?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Have you been diagnosed with any other pre-existing medical conditions other than glaucoma or ocular hypertension?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, or diabetes?
- Have you ever suffered form a heart attack or stroke?
- Have any of your immediate family member (mother, father, brother or sister) ever been diagnose with cancer, heart disease or diabetes? Have any of them suffered from a heart attack or stroke?
- In the past 12 months, have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record? Issues such as multiple moving violations, DUI’s or a suspended license?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any history of drug or alcohol abuse?
- Do you actively participate or plan on participating in any dangerous hobbies?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States in the next 12 months?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
Now as you can see from the list of questions above, there are quite a few factors that can come into play when determining what kind of “rate” an individual will be able to qualify for. Many obviously have to do with medical issues an individual may have, but as you can see a lot of other “non-medical” factors can often come into play as well.
This is why…
It’s basically impossible to know what kind of “rate” you might be able to qualify for without actually speaking with you directly. That said however, what we can tell you is that for the vast majority of cases, having been prescribed Travantan Z isn’t going to make any difference what so ever.
Which leads us to the last topic that we wanted to take a moment and discuss here in this article which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
Because life insurance companies tend to use a lot of “random” factors in determining who the will and won’t insure, and at what price, we here at I have found that the “best” way for us to be able to ensure that our clients are able to find the “best” life insurance policy that they can qualify for is to be sure to know our STUFF and offer a TON of options.
By only employing true life insurance professionals who have tons of experience helping folks with all sorts of pre-existing medical conditions and then providing them with tons of options to offer their clients, we here at IBUSA truly do offer a one stop shop for folks looking to protect their family.
Which is why…
Our advice to anyone looking to purchase a life insurance policy is to be sure that the insurance agent that they choose to work with is truly an expert and that he or she has dozens of options for you to consider, because even if they are the greatest life insurance agent in the world, if they don’t have access to the “best” life insurance policy for you what good is that going to do you?
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today and let us earn the right to protect your family today!