Life Insurance for Singular users.
In this article, we wanted to take a moment and try and answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after they have been prescribed Singular or its generic form montelukast to treat allergy symptoms and/or prevent asthma attacks.
Questions that will be directly addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Singular?
- Why do life insurance companies care if I’ve been prescribed Singular?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’ dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Singular?
Yes, individuals who have been prescribed Singular can and often will be able to qualify for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. In fact, they may even be able to qualify for a Preferred Plus rate!
Why do life insurance companies care if I’ve been prescribed Singular?
The main reason why a life insurance company is going to “care” if you have been prescribed Singular is because it is used to help treat allergy symptoms and/or asthma which is some cases can be quite dangerous and/or even life-threatening medical conditions.
This is why…
Prior to getting approved for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy most (if not all) life insurance companies are going to want to know just how serious your allergies or asthma are and just what “kind” of risk you might pose to them should they decide to approve you for coverage.
What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- When were you first prescribed Singular?
- Who prescribed your Singular? A general practitioner or a specialist?
- Why have you been prescribed Singular?
- Have you been diagnosed with Allergies?
- If so:
- Do you know what “specifically” you’re allergic too?
- When was the last time that you suffered from an allergy attack?
- How many allergy attacks have you suffered from in the last year?
- What symptoms do you experience as a result of an asthma attack?
- Have you ever been hospitalized due to an allergy attack?
- How well is your Singular prescription helping you to control your symptoms?
- Have you been diagnosed with Asthma?
- If so:
- Are there certain environmental factors which contribute to you suffering from an asthma attack?
- When was the last time you suffered from an asthma attack?
- How many asthma attacks have you suffered form in the past 12 months?
- Have you ever been hospitalized due to an asthma attack?
- How well is your Singular prescription helping you to control your asthma?
- Are you taking any other prescription medications?
- Have any of your prescription medications changed in any way within the past 12 months?
- Have you used any tobacco or nicotine products in the past 12 months?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
- If so:
- If so:
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
Now as you can see, there are a lot of factors that will come into play when trying to determine what kind of “rate” an individual may be able to qualify for. Which is why, it’s pretty much impossible to know what “rate” you might be able to qualify for knowing only that you have been prescribed Singular in the past.
That said however…
There are a few “assumptions” that we can make particularly if you’re only using your Singular to help manage the occasional allergy attacks. You see, in cases like these where one does not suffer from any “serious” allergic reactions, and has never been hospitalized due to any allergic reactions, there is a very good chance that their Singular prescription isn’t going to have any kind of “negative” affect on the outcome of their life insurance application.
Or in other words…
The rate that you would be able to qualify for PRIOR to being prescribed Singular should be the same rate that you would be able to qualify for AFTER you have been prescribed Singular.
Now for those who…
Have been prescribed Singular to help them treat or minimize any Asthma attacks what you’re generally going to find is that in most cases in order to be able to qualify for a Preferred rate, most life insurance companies are going to want to see that:
- You haven’t suffered from an attack within the past year.
- You haven’t needed to visit a hospital as a result of an attack for at least 2 years.
And that you have only used one medication to help you achieve these results.
As for those…
Who aren’t so lucky, or who need/require multiple medications to help them achieve these results, what you’re likely going to find is that most life insurance companies will still consider you “eligible” for coverage only now you’ll most likely only be able to qualify for a Standard or Standard Plus at best.
We should also…
Point out that while you may be “considered eligible” for a Preferred or Standard Plus rate, this does not mean that you will necessarily be able to qualify for such a high rate, it just means that you won’t automatically be denied such a rate based on your pre-existing medical condition. This is because even if you haven’t been prescribed Singular in the past or been diagnosed with a pre-existing medical condition like allergies or asthma, being able to qualify for a Preferred or Standard Plus rate isn’t always so easy!
Which brings us to the last topic that we wanted to take a moment and discuss which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
Because life insurance companies tend to use a lot of “random” factors in determining who the will and won’t insure, and at what price, we here at IBUSA have found that the “best” way for us to be able to ensure that our clients are able to find the “best” life insurance policy that they can qualify for is to be sure to know our STUFF and offer a TON of options.
By only employing true life insurance professionals who have tons of experience helping folks with all sorts of pre-existing medical conditions and then providing them with tons of options to offer their clients, we here at IBUSA truly do offer a one stop shop for folks looking to protect their family.
Which is why…
Our advice to anyone looking to purchase a life insurance policy is to be sure that the insurance agent that they choose to work with is truly an expert and that he or she has dozens of options for you to consider, because even if they are the greatest life insurance agent in the world, if they don’t have access to the “best” life insurance policy for you what good is that going to do you?
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today and let us earn the right to protect your family today!