Life Insurance for Prilosec users.
In this article, we wanted to take a moment and try and answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after they have been prescribed Omeprazole or one of the common brand names it is sold under including:
- Prilosec OTC,
And Zegerid to help individuals treat a variety of different medical conditions including:
- Common every day heartburn,
- A damaged esophagus (damaged due to over production of stomach acid),
- Stomach ulcers,
And Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
Questions that will be directly addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Omeprazole?
- Why do life insurance companies care if I’ve been prescribed Omeprazole?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’ dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Omeprazole?
Yes, individuals who have been prescribed Omeprazole can and often will be able to qualify for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. In fact, they may even be able to qualify for a Preferred Plus rate!
Why do life insurance companies care if I’ve been prescribed Omeprazole?
The main reason why a life insurance company may “care” if an individual has been prescribed Omeprazole is because in addition to helping folks simply deal with ordinary heartburn, it’s also a prescription medication that is commonly prescribed to individuals suffering from GERD and/or stomach ulcers.
Being diagnosed with a more “serious” medical condition that can benefit from using Omeprazole isn’t likely to cause one to be denied a life insurance policy, it can certainly complicate the application process and in some cases could potentially affect your outcome. This is why, prior to getting approved for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy, most (if not all) life insurance companies are probably going to want to ask you a series of medical questions about your Omeprazole prescription and how “serious” the underlying pre-existing medical condition is that warranted it’s use.
What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
Common questions you might be asked may include:
- When were you first prescribed Omeprazole?
- Who prescribed your Omeprazole? A general practitioner or a specialist?
- Why have you been prescribed Omeprazole?
- Have you been given a “specific” diagnosis?
- Have you been diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux disorder?
- Have you been diagnosed with a damaged esophagus, a scarred esophagus or the condition commonly referred to as Barrett’s esophagus?
- Have you been diagnosed with ulcers?
- If so:
- What kind?
- What symptoms (if any) led to their discovery?
- What symptoms (if any) are you experiencing now?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with stomach cancer?
- In the past 2 years have you been admitted into the hospital for any reason?
- Aside from Omeprazole, are you taking any additional medications?
- Have any of your prescription medications changed in any way within the past 12 months?
- Has your doctor recommended any future surgical procedure to correct your problem?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
- If so:
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
As you can see, there are a lot of factors that can come into play when trying to determine what kind of “rate” you may be able to qualify for. This is why, it’s pretty much next to impossible to know what rate you might be able to qualify for without actually speaking with you directly.
That said however…
There are a few “assumptions” one can make provided that they aren’t suffering from any severe consequences related to the underlying cause of their Omeprazole prescription and they don’t have any upcoming surgical procedures planned to help them treat their current condition.
In cases like these…
What we most commonly find is that in most cases, having been prescribed Omeprazole in the past isn’t going to “greatly” affect the outcome of most individual’s life insurance application. Which means that in most cases, whatever rate you would have been able to qualify for PRIOR to being prescribed Omeprazole will be the same rate that you would be able to qualify for AFTER having been prescribed Omeprazole!
Or in other words…
Had you been able to qualify for a Preferred rate prior to being prescribed Omeprazole chances are you may still be able to qualify for a Preferred rate after having been prescribed Omeprazole, assuming of course that the pre-existing medical condition which warranted your prescription isn’t something too serious or something that has the “potential” to become rather serious later on down the line.
Which brings us to the last topic that we wanted to take a moment and discuss here today which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
Because life insurance companies tend to use a lot of “random” factors in determining who the will and won’t insure, and at what price, we here at IBUSA have found that the “best” way for us to be able to ensure that our clients are able to find the “best” life insurance policy that they can qualify for is to be sure to know our STUFF and offer a TON of options.
By only employing true life insurance professionals who have tons of experience helping folks with all sorts of pre-existing medical conditions and then providing them with tons of options to offer their clients, we here at IBUSA truly do offer a one stop shop for folks looking to protect their family.
Which is why…
Our advice to anyone looking to purchase a life insurance policy is to be sure that the insurance agent that they choose to work with is truly an expert and that he or she has dozens of options for you to consider, because even if they are the greatest life insurance agent in the world, if they don’t have access to the “best” life insurance policy for you what good is that going to do you?
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today and let us earn the right to protect your family today!