Life Insurance for Lumigan users.
In this article, we wanted to take a moment and try and answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after they have been prescribed Lumigan or its generic form Bimatoprost to help treat symptoms of glaucoma or in some cases it can even be used to help folks grow their eyelashes.
Questions that will be directly addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Lumigan?
- Why do life insurance companies care if I’ve been prescribed Lumigan?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’s dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Lumigan?
The last thing that we here at IBUSA would want to do is give someone the impression that having been diagnosed with glaucoma isn’t a serious thing because if left untreated, it could ultimately lead one to become totally blind!
That said however…
Life insurance companies aren’t all that worried about things like that. Instead, their worried about whether or not you’ve been diagnosed with a serious “life-threatening” medical condition or are likely to one day develop a serious “life-threatening” medical condition.
This is why…
Having been prescribed Lumigan (regardless of why) isn’t going to have any kind of effect on the outcome of your life insurance application. Which leaves us at this point asking…
Why do life insurance companies care if I’ve been prescribed Lumigan?
Life insurance companies aren’t going to really “care” if you’ve been prescribed Lumigan. In fact, the only reason why they’re going to “notice” the fact that you have is because any time that you choose to apply for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy, it’s standard procedure for the insurance company to order what is called a “prescription database check” which will provide them (the insurance company) with a complete list of all the prescription medications that you have been prescribed.
The good news is…
That unlike many other prescription medications out there that can be used to treat a wide variety of different medical conditions, Lumigan really isn’t used to treat any pre-existing medical condition that is going to make a life insurance company nervous.
But that doesn’t mean…
That a life insurance company isn’t going to want to ask you a whole bunch of other questions about yourself so that they can determine if there might be some “other” factor that could make you an “unacceptable” risk or a “higher risk” applicant.
Some of the questions will focus on your own personal health, while others will focus on the health of those related to you as well as certain “lifestyle choices” that you have made or plan to make in the future which could potentially make you a greater risk to them. Because, remember, if an insurance company decides to offer you a policy, that policy will be in effect for many years to come so they really only have one chance to get it right!
This is why…
They ask so many questions and why some of the questions may see really weird at first. With that said, let’s just take a look at some of the most common questions you’ll like be asked including:
- What is your date of birth?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical conditions such as: cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Have any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother or sister) ever been diagnosed with any serious pre-existing medical conditions such as: cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Aside from Lumigan, are you taking any other prescription medications?
- In the past 12 months, have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Do you have any issues with your driver’s license? Issues such as: multiple moving violations, DUI or a suspended license?
- Do you currently participate or plan to participate in and dangerous hobbies?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States in the next year or so?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
Now as we’ve already stated, the fact that you’ve been prescribed Lumigan really shouldn’t have any effect on the outcome of your life insurance application. In fact, we would be totally surprised if an insurance underwriter even mentioned the fact that you’ve been prescribed it.
What you’re going to find is that whatever “rate” you were able to qualify for before you were prescribed Lumigan is going to be the same “rate” that you’re going to be able to qualify for after you been prescribed Lumigan. Which brings us to the last topic that we wanted to discuss here in this article which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
Because life insurance companies tend to use a lot of “random” factors in determining who the will and won’t insure, and at what price, we here at IBUSA have found that the “best” way for us to be able to ensure that our clients are able to find the “best” life insurance policy that they can qualify for is to be sure to know our STUFF and offer a TON of options.
By only employing true life insurance professionals who have tons of experience helping folks with all sorts of pre-existing medical conditions and then providing them with tons of options to offer their clients, we here at IBUSA truly do offer a one stop shop for folks looking to protect their family.
Which is why…
Our advice to anyone looking to purchase a life insurance policy is to be sure that the insurance agent that they choose to work with is truly an expert and that he or she has dozens of options for you to consider, because even if they are the greatest life insurance agent in the world, if they don’t have access to the “best” life insurance policy for you what good is that going to do you?
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today and let us earn the right to protect your family today!