Life Insurance for Detrol LA users.
In this article, we wanted to take a moment and try and answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after they have been prescribed Detrol or its generic form Tolterodine to treat an overactive bladder or incontinence.
Questions that will be directly addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Detrol?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’ dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Detrol?
Yes, individual who have been prescribed Detrol can and often will be able to qualify for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. They may even be able to qualify for a Preferred Plus. The main reason for this is because unlikely many other modern medications which may be used to treat a wide variety of pre-existing medical conditions, Detrol really is only used to help those suffering from an overactive bladder.
Which of course…
Isn’t really going to have a major (if any) affect on the outcome of one’s life insurance application. This is why, here at IBUSA, if we find that this is the only prescription medication that one is taking we’ll often recommend that one take a look at some of the simplified issue life insurance policies that are available because there may be a really good chance that you may be able to qualify for a competitively priced term or whole life insurance policy without having to take a medical exam!
These “types” of life insurance policies will require you to answer many of the same questions that you’ll need to answer during a traditional life insurance application only with a simplified issue, if everything looks good, you won’t have to take a medical exam and wait a few weeks in order to be approved.
What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
One of the main reasons why life insurance companies feel comfortable nowadays in approving one for a life insurance policy without having to complete a life insurance exam is because much of the information that they would gain from a traditional life insurance exam can be “gleamed” from a life insurance application questionnaire and a “prescription database check” which will almost always be requested regardless of what “kind” of life insurance policy that you apply for.
Common questions you’ll likely be asked regardless of what “kind” of life insurance policy you ultimately decide to apply for will likely look something like the following:
- How old are you?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Aside from Detrol, are you taking any other prescription medications?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any serious medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, a heart attack, stroke or diabetes?
- Have any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother or sister) ever suffered from a heart attack, stroke, cancer or been diagnosed with diabetes?
- In the past 12 months, have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any issues with your driver’s license? And by issues we mean: multiple moving violations, a DUI or a suspended license?
- Do you have any plans to travel outside of the United States within the next year?
- Are you currently working now? What is your occupation?
- Do you participate or plan on participating in any dangerous hobbies such as: skydiving, bungee jumping or scuba diving?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
As you can see, life insurance companies typically ask a wide range of questions all designed to help them determine what “kind” of risk you might pose to them should they decide to extend an offer of coverage too you. Now some of these questions obviously focus around “medical issues” but as you can see a lot of other ones will focus on what one might call “lifestyle” choices.
This is why…
It’s important to be sure and “shop” your options when choosing which life insurance company might be the best for you. This is particularly true with someone who may not have any significant pre-existing medical conditions to speak of where Detrol is the only prescription medication that they are currently using.
This is because…
While this “type” of client may be thinking that their Detrol is the main thing that could affect their life insurance application, the truth is having been prescribed Detrol probably isn’t going to have any affect what so ever, but what might become an issue is their family medical history, or their driving record. You just never know sometimes!
Which leads us to the last topic that we wanted to take a moment and discuss here in this article which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
Because life insurance companies tend to use a lot of “random” factors in determining who the will and won’t insure, and at what price, we here at IBUSA have found that the “best” way for us to be able to ensure that our clients are able to find the “best” life insurance policy that they can qualify for is to be sure to know our STUFF and offer a TON of options.
By only employing true life insurance professionals who have tons of experience helping folks with all sorts of pre-existing medical conditions and then providing them with tons of options to offer their clients, we here at IBUSA truly do offer a one stop shop for folks looking to protect their family.
Which is why…
Our advice to anyone looking to purchase a life insurance policy is to be sure that the insurance agent that they choose to work with is truly an expert and that he or she has dozens of options for you to consider, because even if they are the greatest life insurance agent in the world, if they don’t have access to the “best” life insurance policy for you what good is that going to do you?
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today and let us earn the right to protect your family today!