Life Insurance with Amenorrhea.
In this article, we wanted to take a moment to answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after they have been “officially” diagnosed with Amenorrhea.
Questions that will be addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance if I have been diagnosed with Amenorrhea?
- Why do life insurance companies care if I have been diagnosed with Amenorrhea?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’s dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance if I have been diagnosed with Amenorrhea?
Yes, individuals who have been diagnosed with Amenorrhea can and often will be able to qualify for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. In fact, they may even be able to qualify for a Preferred rate!
We should also point out that…
This will be true whether you’re applying for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy or a no medical exam life insurance policy.
This is because…
On its own, Amenorrhea isn’t what someone might consider a pre-existing medical condition. Instead, in most cases, Amenorrhea is a symptom of some other “type” of a medical condition, which may or may not be all that serious.
Compare over 50 top life insurance companies instantly.Simply select two companies and click COMPARE.
Why do life insurance companies care if I have been diagnosed with Amenorrhea?
The main reason why a life insurance company might “care” if you have been diagnosed with Amenorrhea is that in addition to the many “perfectly normal” reasons why a woman might go several months without menstruating including:
- Being pregnant,
- Currently breastfeeding,
- Going through menopause,
- Extremely low body fat which can be the scene with professional or exercise fanatics (we envy you!).
- Etc, etc…
This won’t cause a life insurance underwriter to get too worried; there are also a variety of pre-existing medical conditions which might be of concern.
Conditions such as:
- Low body weight indicative of an eating disorder or some other health condition.
- Excessive weight gain, possibly caused by some kind of hormonal imbalance.
- Use of certain types of medications,
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS),
- Etc, ect…
This is why…
Before getting approved for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy or a no medical exam life insurance policy, it’s possible that an insurance underwriter may want to gather some additional information about “why” you have been diagnosed with Amenorrhea before he or she makes any definitive decisions about your application so that they can get a better idea of just how “serious” your condition may be.
What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
Typical questions you’ll like be asked may include:
- How old are you now?
- When were you first diagnosed with Amenorrhea?
- Who diagnosed your Amenorrhea? Yourself? A general practitioner? Or a specialist?
- Is the first time that you have experienced this?
- Do you know why you have become amenorrhoeic?
- Have you been diagnosed with any other pre-existing medical conditions?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medications?
- If so:
- What are they?
- What do they treat for?
- And have any of them changed in the past 12 months?
- What are your current height and weight?
- In the past 12 months, have you experienced any changes in your weight greater than 10 pounds?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
Now at this point…
It’s probably a good idea to remind folks that while we here at IBUSA are not medical professionals and we’re certainly not doctors!
All we are…
Is a bunch of life insurance agents who are passionate about helping folks qualify for life insurance, particularly if they have been diagnosed with some “kind” of a pre-existing medical condition like Amenorrhea, which could make it more difficult to qualify for coverage.
If you feel like you may need medical assistance or you find yourself trying to “self-diagnosis” yourself by using some of the information that you find on our website, please do yourself a favor and stop reading this article right now and go seek out REAL medical advice from a REAL doctor!
As for those…
Who are just looking for help finding and qualifying for a traditional life insurance policy, the good news is you’re definitely at the right place!
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
Now, as you can see, many factors can come into play when determining what “kind” of life insurance rate an individual can and can’t qualify for after being diagnosed with Amenorrhea. This is why it’s pretty much impossible to know what kind of rate you might be able to qualify for without first speaking with you for a few minutes.
That said however…
If your Amenorrhea is not being caused by any kind of “serious” pre-existing medical condition, you might be able to qualify for a Preferred life insurance rate assuming that you would otherwise be able to qualify for such a rate.
Or at the very least…
Your Amenorrhea isn’t going to play a significant role in determining the kind of rate you might qualify for.
As for those…
You may be suffering from Amenorrhea as a symptom of some kind of larger more serious pre-existing medical condition, all that we can really tell without speaking directly with you is that your amenorrhea “symptom” probably isn’t going to be the main determinate deciding what “rate” you may be able to qualify for.
What you’re more likely to find is that the underlying pre-existing medical condition causing you to become amenorrhoeic will be what most life insurance companies are more interested in. For more information on this “underlying” pre-existing medical condition, we would encourage you to either give us a call directly or visit our Pre-Existing Medical Conditions page, which may have more information about your primary medical concern.
This brings us to the last topic that we wanted to take a moment and discuss, which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
In our experience here at IBUSA, we have found that usually, the folks who seem to find the “best” life insurance policy for them are those that:
- Take their time reviewing their options.
- Ask a lot of questions.
And seek out those life insurance agents who not only have experience working with individuals who have been diagnosed with a wide variety of pre-existing medical conditions but also have access to dozens of different life insurance companies so that when it comes time to helping a more “challenging” case, they don’t have to rely on a…
“One size fits all approach!”
The good news is that this is exactly what you’re going to find here at IBUSA!