Life Insurance for Mucinex users.
In this article, we wanted to take a moment and try and answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after they have been prescribed Guaifenesin or one of the common brand names it is sold under including:
- Diabetic Tussin EX,
- Guaifenex PSE (Pseudoephedrine-Guaifenesin),
- Siltussin SA,
- Tussin Expectorant,
- Tussin Mucus-Chest Congestion,
- Tussin Honey,
Along with a host of other brands all designed to help folks recover from colds involving mucus development in the head, throat and lungs.
Questions that will be directly addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Mucinex?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’ dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Mucinex?
Yes, individuals who have been prescribed Mucinex can and often will be able to qualify for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. In fact, they may even be able to qualify for a Preferred Plus rate!
This is why…
In most cases, we as life insurance agents rarely learn that an individual has been prescribed Mucinex unless of course it’s right during the time of their life insurance application in which case we usually will advise that a client do one of two things.
If they are determined to apply for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy which will require them to take a medical exam, we’ll usually advice our client to be sure to take their medical exam after they have fully recovered from their illness. This way they are more likely to do better on their life insurance paramedical exam which will play a large role in determining what kind of “rate” they will be able to qualify for.
That’s just one option that we’ll suggest. The second option that we might suggest assuming that our client is “healthy” despite the fact that they are currently suffering from a cold is to, instead of applying for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy which will require them to take a medical exam, opt for a simplified issue life insurance policy which will allow one to become fully insured without actually sitting for an exam.
Of life insurance policies will still require on to answer a series of medical questions and will still order background checks on one’s:
- Prescription medication history,
- Driving record,
- Criminal record,
- And credit (in some cases),
But will not require one to actually provide a blood and urine sample. Which can be quite beneficial for a variety of issues including:
- Not having to wait for you cold to go away in order to complete your life insurance application.
- Not having to wait 2 to 4 weeks (or more) to finally get approved for coverage after taking a medical exam.
- And not having to run the risk of actually being diagnosed with some kind of pre-existing medical condition during your medical exam such as:
We her at IBUSA, aren’t necessarily “married” to one option vs another, we just always like to provide our clients with a variety of options so that they can be sure that they are getting the “best” policy for them based on their wants and needs.
That said however…
What we can tell you is that regardless of what option you choose, you will typically be asked a series of questions during your life insurance application which will all be designed to try and determine what “kind” of risk you would pose to the insurance company should you end up being approved.
What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
Common questions you’ll likely be asked may include:
- What is your date of birth?
- What is your gender?
- Are you a United States citizen?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, or diabetes?
- Have you ever suffered from a heart attack or stroke?
- Have any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother or sister) ever been diagnose with cancer, heart disease or diabetes? Have any of them ever suffered from a heart attack or stroke?
- Are you taking any other prescription medication other than Mucinex?
- In the past 2 years have you ever been hospitalized?
- In the past 12 months, have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Do you have any issues with your driver’s license? Issues such as multiple moving violations, DUI’s or a suspended license?
- Do you currently participate or plan on participating in any dangerous hobbies?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States in the next year?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
Now as you can see, there are a lot of factors that can come into play when it comes to determining what kind of “rate” an individual might be able to qualify for. This is why, without knowing more about you specifically we really wouldn’t have any idea what kind of “rate” you might receive.
That said however…
What we can tell you for sure is that assuming that you don’t take your medical exam while fully in the midst of a horrible cold, the fact that you’ve been prescribed Mucinex really shouldn’t have any kind of effect on the outcome of your life insurance application what so ever.
To put it another way, the “rate” that you would have been able to qualify for PRIOR to being prescribed Mucinex should be the same “rate” that you would be able to qualify for AFTER having been prescribed Mucinex! Which brings us to the last topic that we wanted to discuss here in this article which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
Because life insurance companies tend to use a lot of “random” factors in determining who the will and won’t insure, and at what price, we here at IBUSA have found that the “best” way for us to be able to ensure that our clients are able to find the “best” life insurance policy that they can qualify for is to be sure to know our STUFF and offer a TON of options.
By only employing true life insurance professionals who have tons of experience helping folks with all sorts of pre-existing medical conditions and then providing them with tons of options to offer their clients, we here at IBUSA truly do offer a one stop shop for folks looking to protect their family.
Which is why…
Our advice to anyone looking to purchase a life insurance policy is to be sure that the insurance agent that they choose to work with is truly an expert and that he or she has dozens of options for you to consider, because even if they are the greatest life insurance agent in the world, if they don’t have access to the “best” life insurance policy for you what good is that going to do you?
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today and let us earn the right to protect your family today!