In this article, we wanted to take a moment and try and answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after they have been prescribed Fexofenadine or one of the common brand names that it is sold under including:
- Allegra Allergy,
And Wal-Fex to treat hay fever symptoms as well as chronic hives and/or symptoms of itching.
Questions that will be directly addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Fexofenadine?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’ dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed Fexofenadine?
Yes, individuals who have been prescribed Fexofenadine can and often will be able to qualify for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. In fact, they may even be able to qualify for a Preferred Plus rate!
This is because…
Fexofenadine is a prescription medication that is really only used to treat pre-existing medical conditions which for the most part will not affect the outcome of an individual’s life insurance application.
This is why…
When we encounter a client who is ONLY taking Fexofenadine and has not been diagnosed with any other “kind” of pre-existing medical condition, we’ll often recommend that in addition to taking a look at their “traditional” life insurance policy options that they also look as some of the “simplified” issue life insurance policy options as well which would not require one to have to take a medical exam in order to be able to qualify.
But we should note…
That most times when we do learn that an individual has been prescribed Fexofenadine that it is because it is the ONLY medication that a potential insurance applicant is taking and their concerned that it might have an affect on the outcome of their life insurance application. The good news is that it “shouldn’t”, but there are a lot of other factors that could come into play.
Some of which…
May have very little to do with the actual health of an individual which is why we wanted to take a moment and review some of the questions an individual may encounter during a “normal” life insurance application so that you can get a better idea of what WILL potentially affect the outcome of a life insurance application.
What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
Common questions you’ll likely be asked may include:
- What is your date of birth?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any serious pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with heart disease? Diabetes? Cancer? Or have you ever suffered from a heart attack or stroke?
- Have any of your immediate family member (mother, father, brother or sister) ever been diagnosed with heart disease? Diabetes? Cancer? Or have you ever suffered from a heart attack or stroke?
- Aside from Fexofenadine, are there any other prescription medications that you’re currently taking?
- In the past 12 months, have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Do you have any “issues” with your driver’s license? Issues such as a DUI, multiple moving violations or a suspended license?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States in the next 12 months?
- Do you currently participate or plan on participating in any dangerous hobbies such as: hang gliding, bungee jumping or skydiving?
- In the past 2 years have you applied for or filed for bankruptcy?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
With regards to specifically how being prescribed Fexofenadine will affect the outcome of one’s life insurance application, what we here at IBUSA have found is that unless your Fexofenadine is a part of some larger treatment plan designed to help you treat a more serious condition other than common hay fever, it’s “presence” shouldn’t have any kind of effect on the outcome of your life insurance application.
Or to put it another way…
The “rate” that you would be able to qualify for PRIOR to being prescribed Fexofenadine should be the same “rate” that you would be able to qualify for AFTER having been prescribed Fexofenadine. That said however, we should not that if it appears that your “hayfever” is more serious than what one might normally expect or if your “hayfever” has caused you to have to visit a hospital or is causing you to suffer from symptoms that that would exceed what one would normally expect to see, it is possible that an insurance underwriter might make note of this and “rate” your application according. It’s just that in our experiences here at IBUSA, we have not generally seen this to be the case.
Which leads us to the next topic that we wanted to discuss which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
Because life insurance companies tend to use a lot of “random” factors in determining who the will and won’t insure, and at what price, we here at IBUSA have found that the “best” way for us to be able to ensure that our clients are able to find the “best” life insurance policy that they can qualify for is to be sure to know our STUFF and offer a TON of options.
By only employing true life insurance professionals who have tons of experience helping folks with all sorts of pre-existing medical conditions and then providing them with tons of options to offer their clients, we here at IBUSA truly do offer a one stop shop for folks looking to protect their family.
Which is why…
Our advice to anyone looking to purchase a life insurance policy is to be sure that the insurance agent that they choose to work with is truly an expert and that he or she has dozens of options for you to consider, because even if they are the greatest life insurance agent in the world, if they don’t have access to the “best” life insurance policy for you what good is that going to do you?
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today and let us earn the right to protect your family today!