Life Insurance for VESIcare users.
In this article, we wanted to take a moment and try and answer some of the most common questions we get from folks applying for life insurance after they have been prescribed VESIcare or it’s generic brand Solifenacin to help individuals treat symptoms associated with having an overactive bladder.
Questions that will be directly addressed will include:
- Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed VESIcare?
- What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
- What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
So, without further ado, let’ dive right in!
Can I qualify for life insurance after I’ve been prescribed VESIcare?
Yes, individuals who have been prescribed VESIcare can and often will be able to qualify for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. In fact, many of them may even be able to qualify for a Preferred Plus rate!
The main reason…
For this is because when it really comes down to it most (if not all) life insurance companies aren’t really going to care all that much about whether or not an individual has been prescribed VESIcare simply because it’s really only used to help one treat an overactive bladder which is not a pre-existing medical condition that’s going to really effect the outcome of one’s life insurance application.
This is why…
When we here at IBUSA are approached by an individual who is healthy, and VESIcare is the only prescription medication that they are taking, one of the first things that we like to take a look at is whether it might make “sense” for you to take a look at some of the Simplified issue life insurance policy options that might be available to you!
Now at this point…
You may be wondering what a “simplified issue life insurance policy” is. so let us just briefly describe it as a term or whole life insurance policy that won’t require you to have to take a medical exam in order to be able to qualify for it.
It’s important to understand that you will still need to be able to “medically” qualify for these “types” of life insurance policies only now the insurance companies will use tools such as a medical questionnaire and a prescription database check in lieu of requiring a life insurance applicant to take an actual medical exam!
We here at IBUSA are such strong proponents to these “types” of life insurance policies is because they:
- Are quality life insurance policies offered by many of the top life insurance carriers,
- These “types” of life insurance policies will also typically shorten the life insurance application process by weeks if not months (many simplified issue life insurance policies can go “inforce” in less than 24 hours).
And by applying for a no medical exam, may individuals can avoid being unnecessarily diagnosed with many common pre-existing medical conditions which may be “discovered” during a traditional life insurance application.
That said however…
These types of life insurance policies are really only a “great” option for those who haven’t been diagnosed with any serious kinds of pre-existing medical conditions which will most likely be denied during a simplified issue application.
This is because, the insurance companies that offer these “kinds” of life insurance policies tend to be rather “picky” about who they will and won’t insure.
This is why…
We here at IBUSA like to ask a lot of the same questions that the insurance companies are going to ask so that we can get a pretty good idea about whether or not a client will be able to qualify for these “types” of life insurance policies prior to actually applying for coverage.
What kind of information will the insurance companies ask me or be interested in?
- Height and weight?
- Have you been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical conditions other than an overactive bladder?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer or diabetes?
- Have you ever suffered from a stroke or heart attack?
- Have any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother or sister) ever been diagnosed with cancer or diabetes or suffered from a heart attack or stroke?
- Aside from Enablex, are you taking any other prescription medications?
- In the past 12 months, have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record? Issues such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations or a DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- In the past 2 years have you applied for bankruptcy?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States within the next year?
- Do you currently participate or plan on participating in any dangerous hobbies such as hang gliding or bungee jumping?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months, have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
What rate (or price) can I qualify for?
Now without knowing more about you specifically, there really isn’t anyway that we would be able to accurately determine what kind of rate that you would be able to qualify for, but what we can tell you is that whatever that “rate” might be, having been prescribed VESIcare won’t affect it one way or another.
Or to put it another way…
The rate that you would have been able to qualify for PRIOR to being prescribed VESIcare, should be the same rate that you would be able to qualify for AFTER having been prescribed VESIcare. Which segues nicely into the last topic that we wanted to take a moment and discuss with you here in this article which is…
What can I do to help ensure that I get the “best life insurance” for me?
Because life insurance companies tend to use a lot of “random” factors in determining who the will and won’t insure, and at what price, we here at IBUSA have found that the “best” way for us to be able to ensure that our clients are able to find the “best” life insurance policy that they can qualify for is to be sure to know our STUFF and offer a TON of options.
By only employing true life insurance professionals who have tons of experience helping folks with all sorts of pre-existing medical conditions and then providing them with tons of options to offer their clients, we here at IBUSA truly do offer a one stop shop for folks looking to protect their family.
Which is why…
Our advice to anyone looking to purchase a life insurance policy is to be sure that the insurance agent that they choose to work with is truly an expert and that he or she has dozens of options for you to consider, because even if they are the greatest life insurance agent in the world, if they don’t have access to the “best” life insurance policy for you what good is that going to do you?
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today and let us earn the right to protect your family today!